Does Free Electrons Flow Through Specific Acupuncture Meridians?
Author: Dwight Chien
The AMI (Apparatus for Meridian Identification) was used by G. Chavalier and K. Mori to study the meridians entered by free electrons during Earthing (Contact of body with the earth either by direct grounding or by indirect contact using grounding devices) 1. They studied the effect on a total of 58 men and women age between 18 and 75. The grounding was supplied by a 12-inch stainless steel rod planted into the earth outdoors. They applied Earthing on KI1 (Yong Quan) acupuncture point of each subject. The results were taken from all the Jing-well points corresponding to left and right side of the meridians.
The data were statistically analyzed by t-test. The results indicated, after Earthing, there was a significant decrease in the measured values for every meridian on each side of the body. By comparison, the control group, before and after sham Earthing, no significant differences were found. Close examination of the results showed:
• The ratios of the measured values before and after Earthing were decreased by at least 20% for all meridians (both left and right) in the body after Earthing. This proves free electrons actually flow through all 12 acupuncture meridians in this study.
• The ratios can be divided into two groups. The ratios ranging from 20.6 to 22.8% for one group, and ranging from 57.2 to 60.2% for the other group. The ratios range from 20.6 to 22.8% for Lung, Large Intestine, Pericardium, Triple Heater, and Small Intestine meridians. The ratios range from 57.2 to 60.2% for Spleen, Stomach, Liver, Gall Bladder, Kidney, and Urinary Bladder meridians.
• During Earthing, free electrons flow through all 12 acupuncture meridians in the body. However, free electrons can enter certain meridians more readily than others, similar to the function of the Chinese herbs. The impedance inside Spleen, Stomach, Liver, Gall Bladder, Kidney, and Urinary Bladder organs causes the electrical current to reduce by more than 50%. For other meridians that change only about 22%, the free electrons probably only flow over the surface of the organs.
• Therefore, in the case of Earthing, the main meridians entered are: Spleen, Stomach, Liver, Gall Bladder, Kidneys, and Urinary Bladder.
This discovery is very significant for Chinese herbal medicines. About two-thousand years ago, the meridians entered by Chinese herbs were determined by experienced Chinese herbal doctors. Is it possible that some of the meridians could be incorrectly identified due to human error? Now we have discovered a scientific way to identify the meridians entered by Chinese herbs. Therefore, we can use this technology to confirm or disprove those meridians determined previously. This would bring the status of Chinese herbs up to a higher level and be more receptive by the public.
1. The Effect of Earthing on Human Physiology Part 2: Electrodermal Measurements; Gaetam Chavalier and Kazuhito Mori; Subtle Energies and Energy Medicine, Vol. 18, No. 3, Page 11-34