A completed application includes the following:
- Applicants must complete a written application for admission and remit with a non-refundable $50 application fee.
- Applicants to the Eastern School are required to have at least 90 college credits and must submit official transcripts from the institution(s) of higher learning that they attended along with copies of professional licenses, if applicable. Professional licenses may include but are not restricted to-M.D., D.C., P.T., R.N., and L.M.T. If students intend to practice in the state of New Jersey, a Bachelor's Degree is required before taking the New Jersey state exam.
- A pre-requisite of 4 credits in Human Biology within ten years of applying with a grade of 2.0 or greater. Applicants may elect to CLEP their Human Biology in lieu of taking a full semester 4 credit course prior to entering the program.
- Applicants must supply three letters of reference from individuals knowledgeable about the applicant's potential for success in a graduate level academic program. Applicants are encouraged to seek references mainly from health professionals, educators, and employers, however letters from other individuals are also acceptable. You may contact the admissions department to inquire more information regarding referral letters.
- Applicants must submit a 2-4 page topic related essay. Please contact the admissions office for your assigned topic. Essay must be in either MLA or APA format.
- After all supporting documents are received, each applicant is interviewed by the Academic Dean or Director of Admissions who make the final decision for acceptance. Applicants are notified in writing of their admission status.
All prospective students who intend on utilizing financial aid are strongly urged to fill out their FAFSA prior to applying to the acupuncture program for a free financial aid consultation. Please refer to the financial aid sheet in this packet for further information.
Traditional Herbal Medicine Program
The Traditional Herbal Program is open to the following applicants:
- Third year Eastern School students.
- Licensed acupuncturists.
- Students who have a minimum of two years of acupuncture education.
The Eastern School will accept only those transfer credits from other professional
programs it judges to be equivalent to its program. In addition, a course grade of "C"
or higher is required for credits to be accepted.
At minimum of 1 full year (three trimesters) of the program must be completed at the Eastern School.
Students who intend to transfer from equivalent professional programs must submit official transcripts from the equivalent professional program they attended so that prior learning can be assessed and appropriate transfer credits awarded. This may include further information including course syllabi and descriptions.
Foreign educated students must fulfill the following requirements in order to enroll at the
- Applicants with foreign college credits must have the degree translated by a reputable
foreign credentials assistance agency and found to be equivalent of a minimum of 90
college credits and the 4 credit biology prerequisite requirement.
- World Education Service, Inc., Bowling Green Station, PO Box 5087,
New York, NY 10274-5087 Tel: 212-966-6311. Website: http://wes.org/
- AACRAO International Education Services. Website: http://ies.aacrao.org/evaluations/
- Foreign students who have not graduated from a school in the US must satisfy a score
of 80 or better iBT internet exam.
- The Eastern School does not provide student visas.