Deadlines for completed applications:
- The completed application deadline for the Fall trimester is July 15.
- The completed application deadline for the Winter trimester is November 15
Please refer to our academic calendar for the trimester start and end dates, thank you!
A completed application includes the following:
Note: Any modification of ESATM's admissions requirements will only be granted under exceptional circumstances and at the sole discretion of the CEO/President.
- Prospective students may download an application or fill out an online application at www.esatm.edu.
- Applicants requiring ADA information may do so by either signifying on their application or contacting the admissions department.
- There is a non-refundable $50.00 application fee which may be paid via check, cash or credit card.
- Applicants to the Eastern School are required to have a minimum of 90 college credits and must submit official transcripts from the institution(s) of higher learning that they attended along with copies of professional licenses, if applicable. Professional licenses may include but are not restricted to-M.D., D.C., P.T., R.N., and L.M.T. If students intend to practice in the state of New Jersey, a Bachelor's Degree is required before taking the New Jersey state exam. All post-secondary education outside the US must be evaluated by the World Education Service (WES).
- If an applicant has 4 credits in Human or General Biology within ten years of applying with a grade of 2.0 or greater the course may be accepted as the ESATM Biology requirement unless they are a licensed health care professional* in which case the ten year requirement may be waived.
All applicants who have not taken a 4 credit Human or General Biology course may elect to CLEP their Biology or take a 4 credit course at any accredited post-secondary school prior to entering the acupuncture program. Applicants also have the option of taking their Biology requirement at ESATM either prior to entering the program or in their first trimester of full time acupuncture program matriculation at ESATM.
*Biology and other western bioscience/medical coursework credit may be granted at the discretion of the Dean and Director of Admissions, for a limited number of courses to individuals who have passed a state-recognized or state administered licensing examination resulting in a medical professional license (Acupuncture, Chiropractic, FLEX, ECFMG, Physical Therapy, Psychology, Nursing, etc.).
- All incoming students must present a valid photo ID at their enrollment meeting, a driver's license or passport. If the student was not born in the US they must also bring valid proof of citizenship.
- Students transferring credits into the MSAc program may be required to take a placement exam for individual courses at the discretion of the Academic Dean or Director of Admissions. Acupuncture transfer students who have prior Intern Clinical hours eligible for transfer will be required to take a practical clinic placement exam/or year two comprehensive exam. An Intern Clinic placement exam study guide will be provided by the Academic Dean to the applicant prior to scheduling the exam. Placement exams and study guides are available to ESATM program applicants only.
- Applicants must supply three letters of reference from individuals knowledgeable about the applicant's potential for success in a graduate level academic program. Applicants are encouraged to seek references mainly from health professionals, educators, and employer's.
- Applicants must submit a 2-4 page topic related essay. Please contact the admissions office for your assigned topic. Essay must be in either MLA or APA format.
- All applicants under the age of 30 must submit their vaccination records (applicants can utilize a copy of their post-secondary school vaccination records) with their application.
- Students who do not have any post-secondary education in the United States may be required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam. Determining factors include but are not limited to, the student's admissions interview, personal essay, and assessment of classroom communication. If a student is required to take the TOEFL exam they must score a minimum of 61 on the internet based test (iBT) which in addition requires a maximum speaking score of 26 and a minimum listening exam score of 22, or a level 6 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam.
- After all supporting documents are received, each applicant is interviewed by the Academic Dean or Director of Admissions who make the final decision for acceptance. Applicants are notified via email their admission status.
All prospective students who intend on utilizing financial aid are strongly urged to fill out their FAFSA prior to applying to the acupuncture program for a free financial aid consultation. Please refer to the financial aid sheet in this packet for further information.
Traditional Herbal Medicine Program
The Traditional Herbal Program is open to the following applicants:
- Third year Eastern School students.
- Licensed acupuncturists.
- Students who have a minimum of two years of acupuncture education.
The Eastern School will accept only those transfer credits from other professional
programs it judges to be equivalent to its program. In addition, a course grade of "C"
or higher is required for credits to be accepted.
At minimum of 1 full year (three trimesters) of the program must be completed at the Eastern School.
Students who intend to transfer from equivalent professional programs must submit official transcripts from the equivalent professional program they attended so that prior learning can be assessed and appropriate transfer credits awarded. This may include further information including course syllabi and descriptions.
Foreign educated students must fulfill the following requirements in order to enroll at the
- Applicants with foreign college credits must have the degree translated by a reputable
foreign credentials assistance agency and found to be equivalent of a minimum of 90
college credits and the 4 credit biology prerequisite requirement.
- World Education Service, Inc., Bowling Green Station, PO Box 5087,
New York, NY 10274-5087 Tel: 212-966-6311. Website: http://wes.org/
- AACRAO International Education Services. Website: http://ies.aacrao.org/evaluations/
- Foreign students who have not graduated from a school in the US must satisfy a score
of 80 or better iBT internet exam.
- The Eastern School does not provide student visas.